- Travel up through Hunstville to North Bay.
- Visit the city of North Bay to discover local history and culture.
- Continue north through the beautiful ancient rock and pines of the Temagami region.
- Head north to Temiskaming Shores, a region rich with history along the shores of magnificent Lake Temiskaming.
- Further north is the city of Timmins, located in one of the richest mineral producing areas in the Western Hemisphere. Timmins offers an assortment of unique vacation experiences from wildlife viewing to glamping in the great Canadian Boreal Forest.
- Just one hour north of Timmins is the town of Cochrane, home of the Cochrane Polar Bear Habitat. This facility is the largest, and the only human care facility in the world dedicated to polar bears.
DISTANCE: 1600 km
- Depart from Toronto via Hwy 400.
- Turn onto Hwy 11 through Huntsville to North Bay.
- Continue on Hwy 11 through Temiskaming Shores.
- From Temiskaming Shores continue up Hwy 11.
- Take a turn west onto Hwy 101 to Timmins.
- Backtrack down Hwy 101, and continue north on Hwy 11 to Cochrane.
Toronto to Huntsville
2 h 45 min / 220 km
Hunstville to North Bay
1 h 30 min / 120 km
North Bay to Temiskaming Shores
1 h 40 min / 130 km
Temiskaming Shores to Timmins
2 h 20 min / 210 kmm
Timmins to Cochrane
1 h 15 min / 100 km
Chief Commanda II Cruise
Enjoy a delightful cruise through the Manitou Islands of Lake Nipissing.
Lakeland Airways operates a Dehavilland Beaver in the Temagami area and offers remote fly-in fishing, canoeing, hiking, and sightseeing trips
Learn about the great Cobalt Silver Discovery!
Presidents' Suites & Historical Homes
Vacation rental homes located in beautiful Temiskaming region!
The Waterfront Inn
The Waterfront Inn, located in downtown New Liskeard, has been providing guests with the finest in Northern Hospitality since 1989.
Wild Exodus Adventures (CSE)
Glamping in the great Canadian Boreal Forest.
Cochrane Polar Bear Habitat
Just one hour north of Timmins sits the largest, and the only human care facility in the world dedicated solely to polar bears.
Cedar Meadows Resort & Wilderness Park
Situated on 275 acres, this 49 room/suite resort & spa is nestled in the majestic beauty and natural serenity of Northern Ontario.