DISTANCE: 1400 km loop
- Depart from Toronto on Hwy 410.
- Turn onto Hwy 10 to Owen Sound.
- Take Hwy 6 up the Bruce Peninsula to Tobermory.
- Board the Chi-Chimaun Ferry from Tobermory to South Baymouth, Manitoulin Island (2 hr crossing of Georgian Bay).
- Take time to explore Manitoulin Island (detailed route itinerary available here).
- Hwy 6 off the island joining up with Hwy 17 to Sudbury.
- Back down Hwy 69, turning onto Hwy 400 back to Toronto.
Toronto to Manitoulin Island
6 h 38 min / 364 km
Chi-Cheemaun Ferry crossing:
2 h crossing of Georgian Bay from Tobermory to South Baymouth, Manitoulin Island.
Manitoulin Island to Sudbury
3 h 30 min / 185 km
Sudbury to Toronto
4 h 15 min / 400 km